We've all heard it time and time again- "drink more water"- but why? No one ever really explains why drinking more water is so good for us. Well... take these ideas into consideration, and hopefully get a better understanding of why water is so vital to our health and happiness!
1. Nourish your skin - fine lines and wrinkles are deeper and more pronounced when you're dehydrated. Drink water to hydrated your cells, improve your circulation, and to make your skin look younger, glowing, and radient.
2. Drink to Cleanse - Without enough water, your colon will be dry which can keep you from passing waste. Drinking enough water will keep your body hydrated, then leave some for your digestive system to smoothly cleanse unwanted waste.
3. Reduce your chance of having a kidney stone - water dilutes salts and minerals, which can build up to form painful kidney stones. Drinking enough water will prevent the formation of these painful crystals.
4. Drink more to lose more - water helps boost our metabolism, expecially when it's iced water because our bodies must 'work' to warm it- therefore burning a few extra calories. Also, water helps to give you that 'full' feeling, which can prevent overeating.
5. Build muscle tone and definition - saying hydrated helps lubricate your joints, prevents muscle cramping, and allows you to exercise longer and harder before 'hitting the wall'.
6. More water, less stress- 85% of your brain tissue is water. If you're dehydrated, both your mind and body will be stressed. Sip water throughout the entire day.... don't wait until you're thirsty, as that's a sign of already being dehydrated.
7. Fatigued? - Dehydration causes you to feel fatigued. Consuming a steady source of water helps your blood transport oxygen and vital nutrients to your cells, keeping you energized!
Make it easy for yourself to drink more water- carry a water bottle in your purse, have one stashed at work, and drink a little at every meal! Aim to consume eight glasses of 8 ounces each day. Just remember, if you sweat a lot, it's hot out, or if you exercise, you most likely will need more than that!