- Take a folic acid supplement every day. This reduces the chance of certain birth defects. Do not wait until you are pregnant to do this.
- Make a doctor's appointment for a checkup/wellness visit.
- Make sure to get and begin taking prenatal vitamins
Check with your doctor about any over-the-counter and prescription medicationsyou currently take.
- See your dentist for a cleaning or checkup if you have not done so in the last six months. Untreated gum disease is linked to preterm birth.
- Look into local prenatal exercise classes.
- Review maternity/paternity leave options at work and your health insurance's maternity coverage.
- Develop a maternity and baby budget.
- If you smoke, quit.
- Limit alcohol and caffeine intake.
- Stock your refrigerator with healthy foods and snacks.
Posted by Chloe on 10.21.2009
There are a few simple lifestyle changes you can make to facilitate your journey to become pregnant. Try some or all of the ideas below to help increase your fertility!